Frequently Asked Questions.
Do I Really Need a Web Site?
We all know that first impressions count. A web site in an online representation of your company. In addition to serving as an advertisement for your business, a professional, well-designed and easy to navigate site will give web users a great first impression.
- In terms of cost, the Internet is one of the most cost-effective forms of advertising available. Ask yourself the following questions.
- Do you advertise in conventional media? (Newspapers, Yellow Pages, Magazines)
- Do you have a flyer, brochure, catalogue, or other promotional materials?
- Do you want to give potential customers more information about your business?
- Do you want national exposure for your company?
- Do you want to sell products online?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then your business can benefit from having a customized web site. From a simple portfolio site to an e-commerce site, Micro Jenisys, Inc. can design the right web site solution for you.
Web Redesign Services
Web users decide to stay on a site or move on to another one within a few moments. If you have a poorly-made or out-of-date web site, it reflects badly on your company and prompts viewers to find a better site.
- Does your site require a face lift?
- Do pages take a long time to load?
- Is the content outdated?
- Does your site have poor quality graphics?
- Are your competitor's web sites more professional?
- Are there any broken links on your site?
- Does your site look strange in certain web browsers?
- Do you have trouble updating your site?
- Does your site need updates to meet accessibility requirements?
- Do you need a better way for your customers to contact you through an online form or other mechanism?
- Are you interested in incorporating any online product demos, virtual tours, or advertising?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you might wish to consider a redesign of your site.
Why Choose Micro Jenisys?
Our web sites are custom designed for each client. We do not use templates or take shortcuts. We design our sites with the users’ needs and our client’s requirements in mind. Each site is designed for easy navigation and usability, and are search engine friendly.
Micro Jenisys designs all of our sites to be Section 508 Compliant – this law applies to federal agencies, but Micro Jenisys applies it to all of the sites it creates. It makes sure that sites accessible to the disabled.
How Does the Process Work?
MJ utilizes a Web Development Life Cycle (WDLC) methodology for building sophisticated web sites from start to finish. Each phase of the life cycle involves certifications from the client before moving to the next phase. The following is our process:
- Requirements/analysis/customer interviews
- Project scope and timelines
- Design specification – initial design concept and layout
- Code/Development – architecture, navigation, page development
- Aesthetic treatments – CSS, graphics, Flash animation, advertising
- Test – Unit, Integration, Regression, and User
- Deployment – site launch, search engine registration, code delivery
How Much Does a Web Site Cost?
Every site is custom made for our clients, so pricing depends on the features, complexity and number of pages needed for the design. Our base price starts at $7,500.
How Long Does the Process Take?
A complete site takes about eight weeks, providing that we have received all the requirements. More complex e-commerce sites or sites that use a lot of Flash animation may take up to six months.
Can I Manage and Update the Content on My Site?
Yes, we use Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) technology to make it easy for you to update your site without worrying about colors, font sizes, text placement and so on. With CSS you have the benefit of knowing that new updates will adhere to the other components of the site. We’re happy to include a training segment after deployment so you’re comfortable with making updates. For updates and changes that require heavier coding or development, we recommend our clients consider our maintenance plans. MJ offers very affordable web maintenance plans which can be customized to meet the change frequency you anticipate with your site.
How Will Search Engines Find my Site?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a necessary step for getting your site noticed via search engines. We have experience with helping clients select keywords, coding them into the site correctly, and also registering with free search engines. We also offer SEO consultation packages as well as Pay-Per-Click Advertising options.
What Do I need to Do to Get Started?
Contact Micro Jenisys for a free initial consultation. We will spend time getting to know your business and finding out what your needs and expectations are for your site. From there we will put a plan together for your site and provide you with a detailed price quote.
How Does Payment Work?
A 50% deposit is required to initiate the project. The remainder is due upon completion of the project.